The Conference Centre "AlfÃ¢ndega" (Porto Customs House) is located down the Douro River, in the historical center of Porto, known as the "Ribeira", and is classified by the UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
AlfÃ¢ndega was designed by the French architect Jean Colson, who chose the former fishermanâ€™s beach for location. The construction followed the different architecture characteristics of the nearby 15th century riverside buildings and was finished in 1869.
The Conference Centre is located 5/10 minutes from major hotels in the city, and 5 minutes from the commercial center of Porto. The Porto International Airport is situated only 30 minutes away.